Children who spend a significant part of their developmental years outside their parent‘s country of origine are also known as Third Culture Kids.
During their international childhood they have the unique opportunity to immerse into different cultures, learn several languages, and appreciate diversity. – When they have to go through transitions (either for a move, a change of school, change in the family, or because they’re off to university abroad), they need some extra support and care from parents, caregivers and teachers.
- How can we help our children thrive during their international childhood and provide him the support they need?
- How can we help them to develop a sense of identity and belonging?
- How can we help them become balanced and self-confident adults?
In my workshop we‘ll explore strategies that help your children develop strength to cope more effectively with challenging situations and you will find out how you can best support your children during their international childhood and especially through transition.
– You will get useful tools to adopt for your situation and in a free follow-up session (via skype, telephone or in person) after a month, you’ll have the opportunity to discuss and explore more options for your personal situation.
The next workshop on this topic will take place if at least 5 people can attend.
If you and your friends would love to attend it either in The Netherlands or online, please mail me at info@UtesInternationalLounge.com
- meet like minded people
- get personalized attention
- work you aspects of international childhood that are important right now for you and your family
Personal Assistance Through Transition
I know that one size doesn’t fit all and we have very personal ways to deal with transition. Every family member deals with it in his or her very own way and pace. – Therefore I offer personalized assistance through transition, where I accompany you step by step and help you deal with complex situations when they arise. If your child struggles during transition or you would like to know how to cope with different expectations and reactions from your children, you can schedule 1:1 consultations with me (either online or in person). – Just contact me at info@UtesInternationalLounge.com.